how I made my glitter jars:
for this project you will need: hot water, clear glue, glitter (different colors and sizes), and a self-sealing jar… (oh, and, an adult if you’re a young person!)
1. make sure you have hot water on hand before you start your project
2. pour clear glue into jar (the glue will act as a thickening agent, so you can add more depending on how slowly you want the glitter to settle… I added about half of the bottle shown)
3. pour glitter into jar (how much is up to you… you can decide on a color scheme and add different shades of the same color with a contrasting shade to give it depth- I made a blue/green/silver jar and a pink/purple/silver one)
4. fill the jar almost to the brim with hot water (make sure to leave an ‘air bubble’ to allow for shaking the glitter jar- you can stir it at this point to get an idea of how it will look!)
*prior to closing your glitter jar, you can repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed until you get the look and feel you want for your glitter jar (or you can reopen and close it like me until it feels just right!
5. close your glitter jar!
6. shake! *if you’re very sensitive to heat allow the water to cool before shaking or touching the jar
modifications: you can add food coloring to the water along with the glitter, and if your jar is not self-sealing, you can use a hot glue gun to seal it. some recipes I looked at before deciding on my own variation can be found here and here. the second link explains uses for the glitter jar which can be therapeutic or just for fun:)